REGULAR MEETING of June 8, 2022
6/8/2022 6:00:00 PM
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
June 8, 2022
Ketchikan Gateway Borough Assembly Chambers
The Board of Education respectfully acknowledges the traditional first people of this land in Ketchikan, the Tongass Tlingit people.
- CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA
- PUBLIC RECOGNITION - PRIDE Month
- CITIZEN REMARKS - (Per Board Bylaw 9323, each individual speaker will be limited to a maximum of 5 minutes.)
- INFORMATION AND REPORTS FROM BOARD MEMBERS including any Committee Reports
- CLAIMS FOR INFORMATION - Claims of May 13, 2022; and Claims of May 27, 2022
- SUPERINTENDENT'S REPORT
8. **PUBLIC HEARING - POLICY** - Procedure (1) Citizens may give public comment regarding the subject of the hearing; (2) the public hearing is closed; (3) opportunity for Board discussion and decision.
- Motion to approve revisions to Board Policy 4218 - Dismissal/Suspension/Disciplinary Action in second reading.
- Motion to revise Board Policy 4112.8- Employment of Relatives.
- Motion to approve a new Board Policy BP 4262.7 - Coaching/Chaperone Leave.
9. CONSENT CALENDAR - Matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If a Board member requests discussion, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered under Unfinished Business.
- Motion to approve the regular meeting minutes of April 13, 2022.
- Motion to approve the meeting minutes of April 27, 2022.
- Motion to approve the regular meeting minutes of May 11, 2022.
- Motion to approve a contract for school psychology services for the 2022-2023 school year with Brian Adams.
- Motion to approve a contract for speech pathology services for the 2022-2023 school year with Lindsay Hargis.
- Motion to approve a contract for speech pathology services for the 2022-2023 school year with Lianna Bodine.
- Motion to approve a contract for speech pathology services for the 2022-2023 school year with Naomi Updike.
- Motion to approve a contract for BCBA services for the 2022-2023 school year with Access Behavioral Services.
- Motion to approve a lease agreement with the Ketchikan Gateway Borough.
- Motion to approve application to the federal ESEA Title Grant(s) (ESEA Consolidated, IEA, School Improvement)
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS (or transferred consent calendar items)
- NEW BUSINESS
- Motion to approve the CIP Six-Year Plan.
- Motion to approve the FY 23 Operating Fund Budget.
- Motion to approve an application for an ARP Afterschool Grant.
- Motion regarding a MOA with Ketchikan Indian Community concerning government to government consultation.
- Drug abuse/overdose issues
13. BOARD COMMENTS
- EXECUTIVE SESSION - Regarding negotiations with ESP (Education Support Professionals) - a matter the immediate knowledge of which would clearly have an adverse effect upon the finances of the school district.
- EXECUTIVE SESSION – Evaluation of the Interim Superintendent – a subject that tends to prejudice the reputation and character of any person, provided the person may request a public discussion.
- EXECUTIVE SESSION - Personnel Matter - A subject that tends to prejudice the reputation and character of any person, provided the person may request a public discussion.
- ADVANCE PLANNING
- Board Training on Trauma-Engaged Policy with AASB - 5:30 p.m. Thursday, June 9, 2022, Assembly Chambers
- School Board Worksession - 6 p.m. Wednesday, June 22, 2022, Assembly Chambers
The Board reserves the right to go into executive session at any time as and to the extent provided by AS 44.62.310 (the Public Meetings Act) and Board Policy 9321 (Executive Sessions.)
Regular Meeting of the Board of Education