REGULAR Meeting of May 27, 2020
5/27/2020 6:00:00 PM
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
May 27, 2020
Meeting to be conducted via videoconference and streamed live at: www.kgbsd.org/live and on KPU Channel 685.
- CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA
- PUBLIC RECOGNITION - District Retirees; 2020 Graduates
- CITIZEN REMARKS * (see below)
- CLAIMS FOR INFORMATION – May 15, 2020
- SUPERINTENDENT REPORT including the Schoenbar Middle School Annual Report; Director Reports; and Smart Start 2020 Team Report
- CONSENT CALENDAR - Matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If a Board member requests discussion, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered under Unfinished Business.
a. Motion to approve the regular meeting minutes of May 13, 2020.
b. Motion to approve a teaching contract with Bradley Crowe (KHS-Band).
c. Motion to approve a teaching contract with Deborah Lasse-Zink (ELA-Revilla Jr. High).
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS (or transferred consent calendar items)
- NEW BUSINESS
- Motion to approve the E-rate Program Category 2 Project
- Motion to approve renewal of the Edgenuity contract.
- Motion to approve FY 21 grant applications.
- Motion to approve a central office salary schedule for FY 21-23.
- Motion to approve a purchase of National Geographic/Cengage Learning 9-12 science curriculum in the amount of $30,241.70.
- Board “Safety” Goal regarding the School Climate and Connectedness survey results
- Special Education task force update
- Advisory Committee dates for 2020-2021 (Safety, Transportation, Calendar, Insurance, Wellness)
- Re-entry plan for summer workers (district office and summer school)
- District Office realignment plan
11. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS
a. Update on negotiations with the Administrative Assistants and IBEW
b. Contract with First Student
-Matters the immediate knowledge of which would clearly have an adverse effect upon the finances of the school district.
12. ADVANCE PLANNING
- Board Member Volunteer for Media Contact
- Next Regular School Board Meeting - Wednesday, June 10, 2020
* Public Comment: Provide public comment via email to Kerry.Watson@k21schools.org by 3 p.m. May 27, 2020 to be read at the meeting. Telephonic testimony can be arranged by contact to the same email.