REGULAR MEETING of February 22, 2023
2/22/2023 6:00:00 PM
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT BOARD OF EDUCATION
REGULAR MEETING and/or WORK SESSION
February 22, 2023, 6:00 P.M.
Ketchikan Gateway Borough Assembly Chambers
The Board of Education respectfully acknowledges the traditional first people of this land in Ketchikan, the Tongass Tlingit people.
1. CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLIEGANCE, ROLL CALL
2. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
3. PUBLIC RECOGNITION
4. CITIZEN REMARKS (per BB9323, each individual speaker is allowed a maximum of 5 minutes to address the board.)
5. INFORMATION AND REPORTS FROM BOARD MEMBERS including Committee Reports
6. CLAIMS FOR INFORMATION – Claims of February 17, 2023
- Student Member Report
- Superintendent Report
8. CONSENT CALENDAR - (Matters listed under the Consent Calendar are routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If a Board member requests discussion, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered under Unfinished Business.)
a. Motion to approve the meeting minutes of February 8, 2023
b. Motion to approve a revision to the approved FY23 Student Transportation budget.
c. Motion to approve a revision to the approved FY23 Food Service budget.
d. Motion to approve FY24 Certificated Administrator contracts.
e. Motion to approve FY24 Tenured Teacher contracts.
f. Motion to approve Resolution 23-02, Annual Authorization of District Bank Accounts and Check Signers
9. UNFINISHED BUSINESS (or transferred consent calendar items)
a. Motion to approve the District Reduction In Force Plan.
a. Finance committee and budget timeline discussion
b. Superintendent Evaluation
c. Land Acknowledgement Policy
11. BOARD COMMENTS
12. ADVANCE PLANNING
a. School Board regular meeting and/or work session March 8th and 22nd, 2023, at 6:00 p.m. in the Borough Assembly Chambers.
Regular Meeting of the Board of Education