REGULAR MEETING of September 9, 2020
9/9/2020 6:00:00 PM
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
SEPTEMBER 9, 2020
Ketchikan Gateway Borough Assembly Chambers
VISION: Educating and empowering students to be leaders, critical thinkers, and problem solvers.
MISSION: Together we foster an educational culture of academic excellence, meaningful connections, and nurturing environments to maximize every student's unique potential.
- CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA
- PUBLIC RECOGNITION - National Recovery Month Proclamation
- CITIZEN REMARKS
- INFORMATION AND REPORTS FROM BOARD MEMBERS - including any Committee Reports
- CLAIMS FOR INFORMATION – Claims of September 4, 2020
- SUPERINTENDENT’S REPORT
- CONSENT CALENDAR - Matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If a Board member requests discussion, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered under Unfinished Business.
a. Motion to approve the regular meeting minutes of August 26, 2020.
b. Motion to approve a teaching contract with Rebecca Mike for the 2020-21 school year.
c. Motion to approve a teaching contract with Desirae Blake for the 2020-21 school year.
d. Motion to approve a teaching contract with Michaela Leslie for the 2020-21 school year.
9. UNFINISHED BUSINESS (or transferred consent calendar items)
- NEW BUSINESS - None
a. Government to Government meeting with Ketchikan Indian Community
b. District organizational chart
- EXECUTIVE SESSIONS - Both sessions are regarding matters "the immediate knowledge of which would clearly have an adverse effect upon the finances of the school district."
a. Executive session regarding annex leases
b. Executive session regarding the Food Service Program
- BOARD COMMENTS
- ADVANCE PLANNING
- Board Member Volunteer for Media Contact
- Evaluation Worksession – Date to be determined
- Virtual Boardsmanship Academy-September 19&20, 2020
- Next Regular School Board Meeting - Wed., September 23 (agenda setting-10 a.m. September 14)
The Board reserves the right to go into executive session at any time as and to the extent provided by AS 44.62.310 (the Public Meetings Act) and Board Policy 9321 (Executive Sessions).
Regular Meeting of the Board of Education