REGULAR MEETING of October 27, 2021
10/27/2021 6:00:00 PM
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
OCTOBER 27, 2021
Ketchikan Gateway Borough Assembly Chambers
The Board of Education respectfully acknowledges the traditional first people of this land
in Ketchikan, the Tongass Tlingit people.
- CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
- OATH OF OFFICE - Nicole Anderson, Stephen Bradford, Keenan Sanderson
- ORGANIZATION OF THE BOARD
- Election of President
- Election of Vice President
- Election of Clerk-Treasurer
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA
- PUBLIC RECOGNITION - Red Ribbon Week Proclamation; National Principals Month Proclamation
- CITIZEN REMARKS
- INFORMATION AND REPORTS FROM BOARD MEMBERS including any Committee Reports
- CLAIMS FOR INFORMATION – Claims of October 15, 2021
- SUPERINTENDENT'S REPORT
- Student Member's Report
- Financial Reports
- **PUBLIC HEARING - POLICY** - Procedure (1) Citizens may give public comment regarding the subject of the hearing; (2) the public hearing is closed; (3) opportunity for Board discussion and decision.
- Motion to approve a new Board Policy 1420 - Relations between Sovereign Nations and the Schools in second reading.
- Motion to approve revisions to Board Policy 6115 - Ceremonies and Observances in second reading.
- Motion to approve revisions to Board Bylaw 9322 - Agenda/Meeting Materials in first reading.
- CONSENT CALENDAR - Matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If a Board member requests discussion, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered under Unfinished Business.
- Motion to approve the regular meeting minutes of October 13, 2021.
- Motion to approve a long-term substitute contract with Gerald Boatwright.
- Motion to approve a professional services contract with Lianna Bodine for speech language services.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS (or transferred consent calendar items)
- NEW BUSINESS
- Motion to approve the 2022-2023 school year calendar.
- Motion to approve the ARPA homeless grant.
- Motion to approve purchase and travel for CPI training in the amount of $26,449.
- Motion to approve a professional services contract with Access Behavioral Services for BCBA behavioral and social-emotional services and training in an amount not to exceed $37,800.
- AASB Resolutions
- Drug abuse intervention and prevention resources; Narcan availability & training
- Draft policy regarding domestic violence and the workplace
- BOARD COMMENTS
- ADVANCE PLANNING
- Board Member Volunteer for Media Contact
- Next Regular School Board Meeting - Wed., November 10, 2021.
Regular Meeting of the Board of Education