KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT BOARD OF EDUCATION
February 8, 2023, 6:00 P.M.
Ketchikan Gateway Borough Assembly Chambers
The Board of Education respectfully acknowledges the traditional first people of this land in Ketchikan, the Tongass Tlingit people.
1. CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLIEGANCE, ROLL CALL
2. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
3. PUBLIC RECOGNITION- Black History Month; National School Counselor’s Week; Elizabeth Peratrovich Day
4. CITIZEN REMARKS (per BB9323, each individual speaker is allowed a maximum of 5 minutes to address the board.)
5. INFORMATION AND REPORTS FROM BOARD MEMBERS including Committee Reports
6. CLAIMS FOR INFORMATION – Claims of February 3, 2023
- Student Member Report
- Superintendent Report
8. CONSENT CALENDAR - (Matters listed under the Consent Calendar are routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If a Board member requests discussion, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered under Unfinished Business.)
a. Motion to approve the meeting minutes of January 25, 2023
b. Motion to approve April 2023 out of state travel for KHS Track and Field.
c. Motion to approve revision to the approved Fiscal Year 2023 Operating Fund Budget
d. Motion to approve the MOA Regarding District Health Insurance Fund Deficit.
e. Motion to approve School Board Resolution 23-01/Borough Resolution 2982 Calling on the Governor and Legislature of the State of Alaska to Increase the Base Student Allocation (BSA.)
9. UNFINISHED BUSINESS (or transferred consent calendar items)
10. NEW BUSINESS
a. Motion to approve the District Reduction In Force Plan.
a. Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs)
b. TSAS Request for Reimbursement
12. BOARD COMMENTS
13. ADVANCE PLANNING
a. School Board Listening Session Saturday 2/11 (Pilothouse) or Sunday 2/12 (Cape Fox) from 9:00-11:00 a.m. location to be determined at the 2/8/23 regular meeting.
b. School Board regular meeting and/or work session February 22, 2023, at 6:00 p.m. in the Borough Assembly Chambers.