REGULAR MEETING of September 8, 2021
9/8/2021 6:00:00 PM
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
SEPTEMBER 8, 2021
* 6:00 P.M.
Ketchikan Gateway Borough Assembly Chambers
* Board Members have been invited to participate in a training on Narcan, starting at 5:30 p.m., preceding the regular meeting.
The Board of Education respectfully acknowledges the traditional first people of this land in Ketchikan, the Tongass Tlingit people.
- CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA
- OATH OF OFFICE - Braxton Zink, Student Board Member
- PUBLIC RECOGNITION - National Recovery Month Proclamation
- CITIZEN REMARKS
- INFORMATION AND REPORTS FROM BOARD MEMBERS - including any Committee Reports
- CLAIMS FOR INFORMATION - August 20, 2021; September 3, 2021
- SUPERINTENDENT'S REPORT
- **PUBLIC HEARING - POLICY** - Procedure (1) Citizens may give public comment regarding the subject of the hearing; (2) the public hearing is closed; (3) opportunity for Board discussion and decision.
a. Motion to revise Board Policy 6155- Challenging Courses by Examination.
- CONSENT CALENDAR - Matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If a Board member requests discussion, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered under Unfinished Business.
- Motion to approve the regular meeting minutes of August 11, 2021.
- Motion to approve the regular meeting minutes of August 18, 2021.
- Motion to approve the offer of a teaching contract to Florence Taruc.
- Motion to approve the offer of a teaching contract to Margaret Gore.
- Motion to approve a long-term substitute teaching contract for John Sullivan.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS (or transferred consent calendar items)
- NEW BUSINESS
- Motion to approve an out of state travel request by the Kayhi yearbook class to travel to Seattle.
- Motion to approve the purchase of secondary social studies materials at a cost of $38,007.
- Motion to approve the purchase of 785 Chromebooks from OETC in the amount of $255,363.
- Motion to approve an application to the Easy ARPA library grant program.
a. Lockers at Schoenbar Middle School
- BOARD COMMENTS
- ADVANCE PLANNING
- Board Member Volunteer for Media Contact
- Next Regular School Board Meeting - Wed., September 22, 2021.