REGULAR MEETING of September 25, 2019
9/25/2019 6:00:00 PM
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
Regular Meeting of September 25, 2019
Ketchikan Gateway Borough Assembly Chambers
- CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
- PUBLIC RECOGNITION - Kings for Peace Week
- CITIZEN REMARKS
- INFORMATION AND REPORTS FROM BOARD MEMBERS
a. Policy Committee
- CLAIMS FOR INFORMATION
- Detailed Claims Register of September 20, 2019.
- SUPERINTENDENT REPORT:
- Business Manager’s Report
- Curriculum Director's Report
- Special Education Director's Report
- Maintenance Director's Report
- Student Board Member's Report
- **PUBLIC HEARINGS - POLICY **- Procedure: (1) Citizens may give public comment regarding the subject of the hearing; (2) the public hearing is closed; (3) opportunity for Board discussion and decision.
- Motion to approve revisions to Board Policy 3452 - Student Activity Funds in first reading.
- Motion to approve revisions to Board Policy 3310 - Purchasing in first reading.
- Motion to approve revisions to Board Policy 3311 - Procurement in first reading.
- Motion to approve revisions to Board Policy 5138 - Student Personal Electronic Device and Cell Phone Use in second reading.
8. CONSENT CALENDAR: Matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If a Board member requests discussion, that item will be moved from the Consent Calendar and will be considered under Unfinished Business.
- Motion to approve the regular meeting minutes of September 18, 2019.
9. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
10. NEW BUSINESS
a. Motion to approve Resolution #20-02, a joint resolution with the Ketchikan Gateway Borough, regarding state education funding.
b. Motion to approve the purchase of IXL Learning.
c. Motion to approve the purchase of Arts Attack.
11. DISCUSSION: Administrative regulations for lice; Administrative regulations for bed bugs; KIC MOU
12. CITIZEN REMARKS
13. BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS
14. EXECUTIVE SESSION - For the purpose of hearing and deciding on a student conduct issue, a matter in which the Board is acting as an adjudicatory body performing a quasi-judicial function.
15. ADVANCED PLANNING
Agenda Setting for October 9, 2019 meeting: 4:30 p.m., Monday, September 30, 2019
Next School Board Meeting:6:00 p.m., Wednesday, October 9, 2019
Regular Meeting of the Board of Education