REGULAR MEETING of March 9, 2022
3/9/2022 6:00:00 PM
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
MARCH 9, 2022
Ketchikan Gateway Borough Assembly Chambers
The Board of Education respectfully acknowledges the traditional first people of this land in Ketchikan, the Tongass Tlingit people.
- CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA
- PUBLIC RECOGNITION
- CITIZEN REMARKS - (Per Board Bylaw 9323, each individual speaker will be limited to a maximum of 5 minutes.)
- INFORMATION AND REPORTS FROM BOARD MEMBERS including any Committee Reports
- CLAIMS FOR INFORMATION - Claims of March 4, 2022.
- SUPERINTENDENT'S REPORT:
- Student Member's Report
- Houghtaling Elementary School Report
- **PUBLIC HEARING - POLICY** - Procedure (1) Citizens may give public comment regarding the subject of the hearing; (2) the public hearing is closed; (3) opportunity for Board discussion and decision.
- Motion to approve revisions to Board Bylaw 9320 - Meetings in first reading.
- Motion to approve revisions to Board Policy 5141 - Health Care and Emergencies in first reading.
- CONSENT CALENDAR - Matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If a Board member requests discussion, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered under Unfinished Business.
- Motion to approve the regular meeting minutes of February 23, 2022.
- Motion to approve a long-term substitute contract with Judith Doyon for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Motion to approve Resolution #22-03 regarding Hazardous Bus Routes.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS (or transferred consent calendar items)
- NEW BUSINESS
- Motion to approve K-12 math curriculum materials in the amount of $345,288.28.
- Motion to approve the creation of an Assistant Superintendent position.
- Motion to approve a joint resolution with the Ketchikan Gateway Borough regarding public education funding.
- AASB Spring Boardsmanship and Legislative Fly-In (March 19-22, 2022)
- KNEPC training
- Board Policy 4112.8 - Employment of Relatives and Others
- Drug abuse/overdose issues
- BOARD COMMENTS
- ADVANCE PLANNING
- Board Member Volunteer for Media Contact
- Next Regular School Board Meeting - Wed., March 23, 2022
- Government to government meeting with KIC - (date and location still being finalized).
Regular Meeting of the Board of Education