REGULAR MEETING of January 26, 2022
1/26/2022 6:00:00 PM
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
JANUARY 26, 2022
Ketchikan Gateway Borough Assembly Chambers
The Board of Education respectfully acknowledges the traditional first people of this land in Ketchikan,
the Tongass Tlingit people.
- CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA
- PUBLIC RECOGNITION
- CITIZEN REMARKS - (Per Board Bylaw 9323, each individual speaker will be limited to a maximum of 5 minutes.)
- INFORMATION AND REPORTS FROM BOARD MEMBERS including any Committee Reports
- CLAIMS FOR INFORMATION - Claims of January 21, 2022
- SUPERINTENDENT'S REPORT:
- Student Member's Report
- Tongass School of Arts and Sciences
- Business Manager's Report: FY 23 revenue projections and budget/fiscal assumptions.
- CONSENT CALENDAR - Matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If a Board member requests discussion, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered under Unfinished Business.
- Motion to approve the regular meeting minutes of January 12, 2022.
- Motion to approve Resolution #22-01 regarding supporting staff who are survivors of domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS (or transferred consent calendar items)
- NEW BUSINESS
- Motion to approve an FY '22 Budget revision (Pulled from January 26, 2022 agenda, after original posting.)
- Motion to approve an MOA with the Ketchikan Gateway Borough for various FY 22 CIP projects, as presented.
- Motion to approve a supplemental appropriation to the Health Insurance Reserve fund.
- EXECUTIVE SESSION - Regarding labor negotiations with the Technology Staff Labor Organization (TSLO), a matter the immediate knowledge of which would clearly have an adverse effect upon the finances of the school district as provided for by Board Bylaw 9321 and AS 44.62.310.
- School Funding
- Drug abuse/overdose issues
- BOARD COMMENTS
- ADVANCE PLANNING
- Board Member Volunteer for Media Contact
- Superintendent search process - application review and finalist selection - January 27, 2022, 5 p.m.
- Work session with TSAS - February 7, 2022, 4:30 p.m. via Zoom
- Next Regular School Board Meeting - Wed., February 9, 2022
Regular Meeting of the Board of Education