Regular Meeting of August 12, 2020
8/12/2020 6:00:00 PM
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
AUGUST 12, 2020
Ketchikan Gateway Borough Assembly Chambers
- CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA
- OATH OF OFFICE - Student Member Henry Clark
- PUBLIC RECOGNITION
- CITIZEN REMARKS
- INFORMATION AND REPORTS FROM BOARD MEMBERS - including Committee Reports
- CLAIMS FOR INFORMATION – Claims of : June 30, 2020; July 10, 2020; July 24, 2020; August 8, 2020
- SUPERINTENDENT’S REPORT
- **PUBLIC HEARING – POLICY** - Procedure (1) Citizens may give public comment regarding the subject of the hearing; (2) the public hearing is closed; (3) opportunity for Board discussion and decision.
- Motion to adopt new Board Policy 3510 - Maintenance in second reading.
- Motion to adopt new Board Policy 5141.42 - Professional Boundaries of Staff with Students in second reading.
- CONSENT CALENDAR - Matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If a Board member requests discussion, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered under Unfinished Business.
a. Motion to approve the regular meeting minutes of July 15, 2020.
b. Motion to approve the special meeting minutes of July 29, 2020.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS (or transferred consent calendar items)
- NEW BUSINESS
- Motion to approve a lease agreement with Ketchikan Gateway Borough
- Motion to approve the FY’22 Six-Year Capital Improvement Project (CIP) Plan.
- Motion to approve the purchase of online history and geography curriculum from Northwest Textbook Depository for Schoenbar Middle School in the amount of $39,163.82.
- Motion to approve the purchase of ELA literacy and reading curriculum from Heineman Educational Books, Inc. for Tongass School of Arts and Sciences in the amount of $40,895.82.
- Motion to approve a copier contract with Tongass Business Center for copier services for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Motion to approve the FY ’21 milk bid contract.
- Motion to approve the purchase of 400 Chromebooks from OETC in the amount of $104,091.
- Motion to approve Continuity of Learning recommendations for the Smart Start Plan.
- Motion to approve Conditions of Learning recommendations for the Smart Start Plan.
- Motion to approve Capacity of Learning recommendations for the Smart Start Plan.
- Strategic Plan review and update
- Board evaluation
- CITIZEN REMARKS
- BOARD COMMENTS
- ADVANCE PLANNING
- Board Member Volunteer for Media Contact
- Next Regular School Board Meeting - Wednesday, August 26, 2020 (with agenda setting at 10 a.m. August 17)
- Government to Government Consultation Meetings
The Board reserves the right to go into executive session at any time as and to the extent provided by AS 44.62.310 (the Public Meetings Act) and Board Policy 9321 (Executive Sessions).
Regular Meeting of the Board of Education