REGULAR MEETING of January 22, 2020
1/22/2020 6:00:00 PM
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
January 22, 2020
Ketchikan Gateway Borough Assembly Chambers
- CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
- PUBLIC RECOGNITION
- Kayhi Girls' Wrestling
- CITIZEN REMARKS
- APPOINTMENT TO THE VACANT SCHOOL BOARD SEAT
- Discussion/motions regarding process
- Motion regarding appointment
- Oath of Office
- OFFICER ELECTION(S)
- Election of President
- Election of other officers, if necessary
- INFORMATION AND REPORTS FROM BOARD MEMBERS
- Policy Committee
- Curriculum Committee
- CLAIMS FOR INFORMATION - None scheduled.
- SUPERINTENDENT REPORT including
- Point Higgins Elementary School Report
- Directors' Reports
- Student Board Member's Report
- PUBLIC HEARING - Procedure: (1) Citizens may give public comment regarding the subject of the hearing; (2) the public hearing is closed; (3) opportunity for the Board discussion and decision.
- Motion to approve revised Board Policy 5141.31 - Immunizations in first reading.
- CONSENT CALENDAR - Matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If a Board member requests discussion, that item will be removed from the consent calendar and will be considered under Unfinished Business.
- Motion to approve the regular meeting minutes of January 15, 2020.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- Motion to approve the ALICE curriculum for K-12 classrooms.
- NEW BUSINESS
- Motion to approve a long-term substitute contract with Anita Arteaga.
- Motion to form a special Board committee to negotiate a contract with Beth Lougee as Superintendent.
- Board Policy 6146.1 - Graduation Requirement
- Opportunity for a report on January 17, 2020 Joint Worksession with the Borough Assembly
- Participation in upcoming AASB Fly-Ins: Feb. 8-11, 2020 and March 28-31, 2020
- CITIZEN REMARKS
- BOARD COMMENTS
- ADVANCED PLANNING
- Board Member Volunteer for Media Contact
- Work session regarding goal setting: 5:30 p.m., Wednesday, January 29, 2020, Room 132, Kayhi
- Work session with Attorney John Sedor for Board Training, 5:30 p.m., February 5, 2020, Room 132, Kayhi
- Next Regular School Board Meeting: 6:00 p.m., Wednesday, February 12, 2020
The Board reserves the right to enter into executive session at any time as and to the extent provided for by AS 44.62.310 (the Public Meetings Act) and Board Bylaw 9321 (Executive Sessions).
Regular Meeting of the Board of Education