REGULAR MEETING of July 13, 2022
7/13/2022 6:00:00 PM
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
July 13, 2022
Ketchikan Gateway Borough Assembly Chambers
The Board of Education respectfully acknowledges the traditional first people of this land in Ketchikan, the Tongass Tlingit people.
- CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA
- PUBLIC RECOGNITION
- CITIZEN REMARKS - (Per Board Bylaw 9323, each individual speaker will be limited to a maximum of 5 minutes.)
- INFORMATION AND REPORTS FROM BOARD MEMBERS- including any Committee Report
- CLAIMS FOR INFORMATION - Claims of: June 10, 2022; June 24, 2022; June 30, 2022; July 8,2022
- SUPERINTENDENT'S REPORT:
- **PUBLIC HEARING - POLICY** - Procedure (1) Citizens may give public comment regarding the subject of the hearing; (2) the public hearing is closed; (3) opportunity for Board discussion and decision.
a. Motion to revise Board Policy 4112.8- Personnel: Employment of Relatives in second reading
b. Motion to approve a new Board Policy BP 4262.7 - Coaching/Chaperone Leave in second reading.
- CONSENT CALENDAR - Matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered routine and will be enacted by one motio and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If a Board member requests discussion, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered under Unfinished Business.
- Motion to approve the regular meeting minutes of May 11, 2022
- Motion to approve the meeting minutes of May 25, 2022
- Motion to approve the regular meeting minutes of June 8, 2022
- Motion to approve a new hire contract for Janna Lacroix, (PreK SPED Teacher for Point Higgins 2022-2023)
- Motion to approve a new hire contract for Dorrian Henrickson (SPED Fawn Mountain Elementary 2022-23)
- Motion to approve a contract with Omaha Occupational and Speech Therapy, for the speech-language pathologist (SLP) services (provided by Paige Thompson, SLP.)
- Motion to approve a contract with Lift School Psychology Services, for school psychology services (provided by Brett Eavenson and Lindsey Peterson)
10. UNFINISHED BUSINESS (or transferred consent calendar items)
- NEW BUSINESS
- Motion to approve an MOA with the Ketchikan Gateway Borough for the Ketchikan High School Auditorium Audio System Replacement Project.
- Motion to approve a contract with Sound Decision, LLC. for the Ketchikan High School Auditorium Audio System Replacement Project.
- Motion to approve Board Goals for 2022-23
a. MOA with KIC
b. Drug abuse/overdose issues
13. BOARD COMMENTS
- ADVANCE PLANNING
School Board Regular Meeting Wednesday August 10, 2022
The Board reserves the right to go into executive session at any time as and to the extent provided by
AS 44.62.310 (the Public Meetings Act) and Board Policy 9321 (Executive Sessions).
Regular Meeting of the Board of Education