REGULAR MEETING of March 11, 2020
3/11/2020 6:00:00 PM
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
March 11, 2020
Ketchikan Gateway Borough Assembly Chambers
6:00 P.M. *
*Preceded by a Budget Work Session at 4:30 p.m.
- CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA
- PUBLIC RECOGNITION
- CITIZEN REMARKS
- INFORMATION AND REPORTS FROM BOARD MEMBERS
- Committee Reports
- CLAIMS FOR INFORMATION - March 6, 2020
- SUPERINTENDENT REPORT including
- Directors' Reports
- Student Member's Report
- PUBLIC HEARING - Procedure (1) Citizens may give public comment regarding the subject of the hearing; (2) the public hearing is closed; (3) opportunity for Board discussion and decision.
- Motion to approve new Board Policy 6114.4 - Pandemic/Epidemic Emergencies in first reading.
- CONSENT CALENDAR - Matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If a Board member requests discussion, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered under Unfinished Business.
- Motion to approve the regular meeting minutes of February 26, 2020.
- Motion to approve the out-of-state travel request for the high school track team to travel to Washington.
- Motion to approve Resolution 20-06 regarding an amendment to the 457(b) Retirement Plan.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS (or transferred consent calendar items)
- Motion to approve the regular meeting minutes of January 22, 2020.
- NEW BUSINESS
- Motion to approve a teaching contract with Holly Paulson for the 2019-2020 school year at Fawn Mountain Elementary School.
- Motion to approve tenured teacher contracts for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Motion to ratify the 2020-2023 negotiated contract with KEA-Certified.
- Board Committees
- CITIZEN REMARKS
- BOARD COMMENTS
- EXECUTIVE SESSIONS
- For a student disciplinary hearing, a matter in which the Board acts as an adjudicatory body performing a quasi-judicial function, per Board Bylaw 9321.
- To discuss negotiations with the Administrative Assistants; and negotiations with IBEW-Maintenance, matters the immediate knowledge of which would clearly have an adverse effect upon the finances of the school district.
- ADVANCE PLANNING
- Board Member Volunteer for Media Contact
- School Board training with AASB - Tuesday, March 24, 4 to 8 p.m. (Agenda setting March 16)
- Next Regular School Board Meeting - Wednesday, March 25, 2020
- School Climate and Connectedness Survey presentations - May 12, 2020 - Community meeting; May 13, 2020 - School Board work session, 4:30-5:30 p.m.
Regular Meeting of the Board of Education