KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT BOARD OF EDUCATION
August 23, 2023, 6:00 P.M.
Ketchikan Gateway Borough Assembly Chambers
The Board of Education respectfully acknowledges the traditional first people of this land in Ketchikan, the Tongass Tlingit people.
1. CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
2. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
3. PUBLIC RECOGNITION- National Recovery Month Proclamation
4. CITIZEN REMARKS (per BB9323, each individual speaker is allowed a maximum of 5 minutes to address the board.)
5. INFORMATION AND REPORTS FROM BOARD MEMBERS including Committee Reports
6. REPORTS FOR INFORMATION – Claims of August 11, 2023
7. REPORTS – - Superintendent Report
8. CONSENT CALENDAR - (Matters listed under the Consent Calendar are routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If a Board member requests discussion, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered under Unfinished Business.)
a. Motion to approve the meeting minutes of August 9, 2023
b. Motion to approve out of state travel for Ketchikan High School Softball.
c. Motion to set paid food service pricing for FY2023-2024.
d. Motion to approve the renewal of the school meal milk contract for FY24.
e. Motion to approve the offering of certified teacher contracts to Tracy Hildebrandt, Lea Dolimier, Kevin Neyhard, Deborah Olson, and David Jones for the 2023-24 school year
9. UNFINISHED BUSINESS (or transferred consent calendar items)
10. **PUBLIC HEARING- POLICY** -Procedure (1) Citizens may give public comment regarding the subject of the hearing; (2) the public hearing is closed; (3) opportunity for Board discussion and decision.
a. Motion to revise BP 5127 Graduation Ceremonies and Activities in second reading.
b. Motion to revise BB 9320, Meetings, in first reading.
a. Climate and Connectedness with AASB
13. BOARD COMMENTS
14. ADVANCE PLANNING
a. Strategic Plan Committee meeting August 25th at 12:00 p.m. in the Superintendent’s Office, 3rd Floor White Cliff Building
b. School Board regular meeting and work session Wednesday September 13 & 27, 2023 at 6:00 pm in the Borough Assembly Chambers
The Board reserves the right to go into executive session at any time as and to the extent provided by
AS 44.62.310 (the Public Meetings Act) and Board Policy 9321 (Executive Sessions)