REGULAR MEETING of November 13, 2019
11/13/2019 6:00:00 PM
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
November 13, 2019
Ketchikan Gateway Borough Assembly Chambers
- CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
- PUBLIC RECOGNITION
a. Alaska Native American Indian Heritage Month Proclamation
b. Experienced Boardsmanship Award to Matt Eisenhower
- CITIZEN REMARKS
- INFORMATION AND REPORTS FROM BOARD MEMBERS
a. Policy Committee
- CLAIMS FOR INFORMATION - November 1, 2019
- SUPERINTENDENT REPORT'S REPORT including
a. Tongass School of Arts and Sciences' Annual Report
b. Directors' Reports
c. Student Board Member's Report
- CONSENT CALENDAR - Matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If a Board member requests discussion, that item will be removed from the consent calendar and will be considered under Unfinished Business.
a. Motion to approve the regular meeting minutes of October 23, 2019.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- NEW BUSINESS
a. Motion to renew the contract with Siemens Advantage Services for system monitoring at the school facilities.
b. Motion to approve budget transfers related to high school activities accounts.
a. Update on Board Policy 6146 - "High School Graduation Requirements"
b. January 17, 2020 Tentative Joint Worksession with the Borough Assembly
c. Association of Alaska School Boards training opportunities
- CITIZEN REMARKS
- BOARD COMMENTS
- EXECUTIVE SESSION - Evaluation of the Superintendent: Motion to adjourn into executive session to discuss the Superintendent’s evaluation, a subject which may tend to prejudice the reputation and character of any person, provided the person may request a public discussion.
- ADVANCE PLANNING
Next School Board Meeting: 6:00 p.m., Wednesday, December 11, 2019
Agenda setting: 4:30 p.m. Monday, December 2, 2019
Regular Meeting of the Board of Education