KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT BOARD OF EDUCATION
November 15, 2023, 6:00 P.M.
Ketchikan Gateway Borough Assembly Chambers
The Board of Education respectfully acknowledges the traditional first people of this land in Ketchikan, the Tongass Tlingit people.
1. CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
2. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
3. PUBLIC RECOGNITION
4. CITIZEN REMARKS (per BB9323, each individual speaker is allowed a maximum of 5 minutes to address the board.)
5. INFORMATION AND REPORTS FROM BOARD MEMBERS including Committee Reports
a. AASB Annual Conference Reports
b. Strategic Plan Committee Report
6. REPORTS FOR INFORMATION – Claims of October 27, 2023 & November 10, 2023
7. REPORTS – Student Report; Superintendent Report; FY 23 Annual Financial Audit Report by Altman, Rogers & Co.
8. CONSENT CALENDAR - (Matters listed under the Consent Calendar are routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If a Board member requests discussion, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered under Unfinished Business.)
a. Motion to approve the meeting minutes of October 18, 2023
b. Motion to approve the MOA between KGBSD and RYC regarding district facilities and property.
c. Motion to approve the ratification of School Board committee assignments.
d. Motion to approve the Annual Financial Aduit prepared by Altman, Rogers & Co
e. Motion to approve out of state travel for KHS Baseball in April 2024.
f. Motion to approve offering certified teaching contracts to Deb Robinson (PHE,) Jacob Potts (TSAS,) and Valerie Brooks (RHS.)
9. UNFINISHED BUSINESS (or transferred consent calendar items)
10. NEW BUSINESS
a. Motion to approve KGBSD District Calendar for 2024- 2025
a. FY 2023-2024 Budget Update
12. BOARD COMMENTS
13. ADVANCE PLANNING
a. School Board Listening Session
b. School Board regular meeting Wednesday December 6, 2023 at 6:00 p.m. in the Borough Assembly Chambers
The Board reserves the right to go into executive session at any time as and to the extent provided by
AS 44.62.310 (the Public Meetings Act) and Board Policy 9321 (Executive Sessions)