REGULAR MEETING of August 26, 2020
8/26/2020 6:00:00 PM
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
AUGUST 26, 2020
Ketchikan Gateway Borough Assembly Chambers
VISION: Educating and empowering students to be leaders, critical thinkers, and problem solvers.
MISSION: Together we foster an educational culture of academic excellence, meaningful connections, and nurturing environments to maximize every student's unique potential.
- CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA
- PUBLIC RECOGNITION
- CITIZEN REMARKS
- INFORMATION AND REPORTS FROM BOARD MEMBERS - including Committee Reports
- CLAIMS FOR INFORMATION – Claims of August 21, 2020
- SUPERINTENDENT’S REPORT - including: Al Jacobson-Filter Systems and Boiler Upgrade; Alonso Escalante- online, homeschool updates; Katie Parrott-lease agreements for annexes; Terri Crofcheck- Special Education updates; Cath Alilin-Telework/Work from Home Agreements; Bill Whicker or Jurgen Johannsen-Technology Plan for roll-out of computers.
- CONSENT CALENDAR - Matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If a Board member requests discussion, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered under Unfinished Business.
a. Motion to approve the regular meeting minutes of August 12, 2020.
b. Motion to approve a contract with Hilary Sauder as an occupational therapist.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS (or transferred consent calendar items)
- NEW BUSINESS
a. Motion to approve the FY ’21 milk bid contract.
b. Motion(s) to approve annex leases.
c. Motion to approve a school lunch price increase.
- Strategic Plan review and update
- Board evaluation
- September AASB Fall Boardsmanship Academy
- Government to Government consultations
- BOARD COMMENTS
- ADVANCE PLANNING
- Board Member Volunteer for Media Contact
- Next Regular School Board Meeting - Wednesday, September 9 (agenda setting at 10 a.m. August 31)
The Board reserves the right to go into executive session at any time as and to the extent provided by AS 44.62.310 (the Public Meetings Act) and Board Policy 9321 (Executive Sessions).
Regular Meeting of the Board of Education