REGULAR MEETING of February 26, 2020
2/26/2020 6:00:00 PM
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
February 26, 2020
Ketchikan Gateway Borough Assembly Chambers
- CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA
- PUBLIC RECOGNITION
- CITIZEN REMARKS
- INFORMATION AND REPORTS FROM BOARD MEMBERS
a. Committee Reports
- CLAIMS FOR INFORMATION - February 21, 2020
- SUPERINTENDENT REPORT including:
a. Houghtaling Elementary School Report
b. Directors' Reports
c. Student Board Member's Report
- PUBLIC HEARING - Procedure: (1) Citizens may give public comment regarding the subject of the hearing; (2) the public hearing is closed; (3) opportunity for Board discussion and decision.
a. Motion to adopt revisions to Board Policy 6146.1-High School Graduation Requirements in second reading.
- CONSENT CALENDAR - Matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If a Board member requests discussion, that item will be removed from the consent calendar and will be considered under Unfinished Business.
- Motion to approve the special meeting minutes of February 12, 2020.
- Motion to approve the regular meeting minutes of February 12, 2020.
- Motion to approve out-of-state travel for the Kayhi baseball team to travel to Florida in April.
- Motion to approve out-of-state travel for the Kayhi softball team to travel to Las Vegas in April.
- Motion to approve the designation of hazardous routes for the 2020-2021 school year.
10. UNFINISHED BUSINESS (or transferred consent calendar items)
11. NEW BUSINESS
a. Motion to approve administrator contracts for 2020-2021.
b. Motion to approve the hire of Alan Jacobson as the Director of Maintenance.
c. Motion to approve a contract with Brian Adams for school psychology services.
d. Motion to approve a long-term substitute teaching contract for Michelle Dyakanoff at Houghtaling.
e. Motion to adopt Board Goals for 2020-2021.
- AASB Policy 6114.4 - Pandemic/Epidemic Emergencies
- b. Board Committees
- CITIZEN REMARKS
- BOARD COMMENTS
- EXECUTIVE SESSIONS:
a. Motion to enter into Executive Session for a Personnel Issue, a subject that may tend to prejudice the reputation and character of any person, provided the person may request a public discussion.
b. Motion to enter into Executive Session to discuss Superintendent/Board Relations, a matter the immediate knowledge of which would clearly have an adverse effect upon the finances of the school district.
c. Motion to enter into Executive Session to discuss negotiations with KEA-Teachers and with the Administrative Assistants, a matter the immediate knowledge of which would clearly have an adverse effect upon the finances of the school district.
16. ADVANCED PLANNING
- Board Member Volunteer for Media Contact
- Agenda setting, March 2, 2020
- Next Regular School Board Meeting: 6:00 p.m., Wednesday, March 11, 2020 preceded by a worksession on the budget, beginning at 4:30 p.m.
- School District Budget Forum - 2 p.m. Saturday, March 7, 2020, Kayhi Library
- School Board training with AASB - Tuesday, March 24, 4 to 8 p.m.
- Presentations regarding the School Climate and Connectedness Survey results: May 12, 2020-Community meeting; May 13, 2020 - School Board Worksession, 4:30-5:45 p.m.
Regular Meeting of the Board of Education