REGULAR MEETING of June 10, 2020
6/10/2020 6:00:00 PM
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
June 10, 2020
Ketchikan Gateway Borough Assembly Chambers
- CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA
- PUBLIC RECOGNITION
- CITIZEN REMARKS
- CLAIMS FOR INFORMATION – May 29, 2020
- SUPERINTENDENT REPORT including reports from Department Directors.
- CONSENT CALENDAR - Matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If a Board member requests discussion, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered under Unfinished Business.
a. Motion to approve the regular meeting minutes of May 27, 2020.
b. Motion to approve a contract with Robert Hewitt as district wide administrator and teacher mentor for the 2020-2021 school year.
c. Motion to approve a contract with Katherine Walter for occupational therapy services for the 2020-2021 school year.
d. Motion to approve a contract with Cailin Silcox for occupational therapy services for the 2020-2021 school year.
e. Motion to approve a contract with Lindsey Hargis for speech pathology services for the 2020-2021 school year.
f. Motion to approve a contract with Sheri Adams for speech pathology services for the 2020-2021 school year.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS (or transferred consent calendar items)
- NEW BUSINESS
- Motion to ratify the 2020-2023 contract with IBEW-Maintenance.
- Motion to approve a one-year extension to the contract with First Student.
- Special Education task force update
- Advisory Committee dates for 2020-2021 (Safety, Transportation, Calendar, Insurance, Wellness)
- CITIZEN REMARKS
- BOARD COMMENTS
- EXECUTIVE SESSION
- Update on negotiations with the Administrative Assistants bargaining group – a matter the immediate knowledge of which would clearly have an adverse effect upon the finances of the school district.
- ADVANCE PLANNING
- Board Member Volunteer for Media Contact
- Next Regular School Board Meeting - Wednesday, June 24, 2020 CORRECT DATE Wednesday, July 15, 2020 (agenda setting at 10 a.m. July 6).
The Board reserves the right to go into executive session at any time as and to the extent provided by AS 44.62.310 (the Public Meetings Act) and Board Policy 9321 (Executive Sessions).
Regular Meeting of the Board of Education