Part-Time Enrollment Procedures
PART-TIME ENROLLMENT PROCEDURES
- Enrollment requests will be received by the building administrator.
- Applications for part-time enrollment will be available at the district schools ten (10) days prior to the first day of each semester.
- Parents/guardians of part time students will follow all related district enrollment procedures and must provide transcripts, birth certificate, and immunization records as required by Alaska law 4 AAC 06.055.
(cf. 5141.31 - Immunizations)
- The application for part-time enrollment must include a signed statement by the student and parent/guardian that they will comply with the policies and procedures of the District, including those rules governing student conduct. The application must also contain a signed statement by the parent/guardian that the part-time enrollment does not result in the expenditure of public money for the direct benefit of a private school. The application may contain other requirements as established by the Superintendent or designee.
- Part-time enrollment applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The building administrator will notify the Superintendent or his/her designee as to the enrollment of students who are primarily enrolled outside of the district.
Parents/guardians of students who are not primarily enrolled in district schools will be responsible for obtaining the necessary report cards/transcripts and/or other indicators of academic progress and providing them to the district.
Part-time students will receive grades based on impartial, consistent observation of the quality of the student’s work in the course(s) in which the student is enrolled. Part-time students will be graded by use of the grading procedures utilized for all students enrolled in the district.
(cf. 5121 - Grades/Evaluation of Student Achievement)
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
Adoption Date: 10/13/99