REGULAR MEETING of December 15, 2021
12/15/2021 6:00:00 PM
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
DECEMBER 15, 2021
Ketchikan Gateway Borough Assembly Chambers
The Board of Education respectfully acknowledges the traditional first people of this land in Ketchikan,
the Tongass Tlingit people.
- CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA
- PUBLIC RECOGNITION
- CITIZEN REMARKS - (Per Board Bylaw 9323, each individual speaker will be limited to a maximum of 5 minutes.)
- INFORMATION AND REPORTS FROM BOARD MEMBERS
- Superintendent search process with AASB
- Committee reports
- CLAIMS FOR INFORMATION - Claims of: November 12, 2021; November 24, 2021; and December 10, 2021
- SUPERINTENDENT'S REPORT including the Student Board Member's Report.
- **PUBLIC HEARING - POLICY** - Procedure (1) Citizens may give public comment regarding the subject of the hearing; (2) the public hearing is closed; (3) opportunity for Board discussion and decision.
- Motion to approve revisions to Board Policy 4030 - Nondiscrimination in Employment.
- CONSENT CALENDAR - Matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If a Board member requests discussion, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered under Unfinished Business.
- Motion to approve the regular meeting minutes of November 10, 2021.
- Motion to approve the special meeting minutes of November 17, 2021.
- Motion to approve out-of-state travel for students to attend the Northwest Honor Choir in Washington in March.
- Motion to approve out-of-state travel for students to attend a jazz festival in Idaho in February.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS (or transferred consent calendar items)
- NEW BUSINESS
- Motion to approve a ten-year renewal of the contract with Ketchikan Charter School.
- Motion to award a $98,500 contract to Advanced Communications Inc. for the Fire Panel Replacement Project.
- Motion to approve a contract with Creekside Clinic for COVID testing services.
- Motion to approve an updated Memorandum of Agreement with the Association of Alaska School Boards for the renewed superintendent search.
- ALICE training
- Drug abuse/overdose issues
- School safety
- BOARD COMMENTS
- ADVANCE PLANNING
- Board Member Volunteer for media contact
- Next Regular School Board Meeting - Wed., January 12, 2022
- Annual meetings with Ketchikan Charter School and Tongass School of Arts and Sciences APCs
- Scheduling Government to Government meetings
Regular Meeting of the Board of Education