REGULAR MEETING of August 11, 2021
8/11/2021 6:00:00 PM
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
AUGUST 11, 2021
Ketchikan Gateway Borough Assembly Chambers
The Board of Education respectfully acknowledges the traditional first people of this land in Ketchikan, the Tongass Tlingit people.
- CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA
- PUBLIC RECOGNITION
- CITIZEN REMARKS
- INFORMATION AND REPORTS FROM BOARD MEMBERS - including any Committee Reports
- CLAIMS FOR INFORMATION – Claims of July 23, 2021; Claims of August 6, 2021
- SUPERINTENDENT'S REPORT including a report from the Start Strong 2021-2022 Committee.
8. CONSENT CALENDAR - Matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If a Board member requests discussion, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered under Unfinished Business.
- Motion to approve the regular meeting minutes of July 14, 2021.
- Motion to approve a long-term substitute teaching contract with Judith Doyon to teach music/STEAM at TSAS.
9. UNFINISHED BUSINESS (or transferred consent calendar items)
10. NEW BUSINESS
- Motion to approve rescheduling the second regular meeting for August from August 25, 2021 to August 18, 2021.
- Motion to approve a one-year copier contract extension with Tongass Business Center for the 2021-2022 year.
- Motion to approve a one-year contract with Linnaea Troina as a COVID Communications and Public Relations Director.
- BOARD COMMENTS
- ADVANCE PLANNING
- Board Member Volunteer for Media Contact
- Start Strong 2021-2022 Community Forum – Thursday, August 12, 2021
- Next Regular School Board Meeting - Wed., August 18, 2021 (if approved under New Business).
Regular Meeting of the Board of Education