REGULAR MEETING of June 26, 2019
6/26/2019 6:00:00 PM
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
Regular Meeting of June 26, 2019
Ketchikan Gateway Borough Assembly Chambers
- CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
- PUBLIC RECOGNITION:
- CITIZEN REMARKS
- INFORMATION AND REPORTS FROM BOARD MEMBERS
- CLAIMS FOR INFORMATION
- Detailed Claims Register – June 14, 2019
- SUPERINTENDENT REPORT:
- Business Manager’s Report
- PUBLIC HEARING - Procedure: (1) Citizens may give public comment regarding the subject of the hearing; (2) the public hearing is closed; (3) opportunity for the Board discussion and decision.
- Motion to approve revised Board Policy 4119.21/4219.21/4319/21 in third reading.
- CONSENT CALENDAR: Matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If a Board member requests discussion, that item will be moved from the Consent Calendar and will be considered under Unfinished Business.
- Motion to approve regular meeting minutes of June 12, 2019.
- Motion to approve the regular meeting minutes of February 13, 2019.
- Motion to approve the regular meeting minutes of February 27, 2019.
- Motion to approve the special meeting minutes of February 18, 2019.
- Motion to approve a teaching contract with Nancy Nish for the 2019-20 school year (French-Kayhi).
- Motion to approve a contract with Brittany Jacobs to provide nursing services for the 2019-20 school year.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- NEW BUSINESS
a. Motion to approve an E-rate Category 2 payment to Presidio Network Solutions Group in the amount of $50,583.60.
a. Board Policy (BP) and Administrative Regulation (AR) for 1312, 1312.1, 1312.2, 1312.3
b. AR 4119.11; Exhibits for 4119 and 5145.3
- CITIZEN REMARKS
- BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS
- EXECUTIVE SESSION: No executive session scheduled.
The Board may enter an executive session for a permitted reason, only after a motion is made and voted upon in open session to enter the executive session. Permitted subjects for an executive session are:
- matters, the immediate knowledge of which would clearly have an adverse effect upon the finances of the school district;
- subjects that tend to prejudice the reputation and character of any person, provided the person may request a public discussion;
- matters which by law, municipal charter, or ordinance are required to be confidential; or
- matters involving consideration of government records that by law are not subject to public disclosure
- meetings for the purpose of hearing and deciding matters, in which the Board acts as an adjudicatory body performing a quasi-judicial function.
15. ADVANCED PLANNING
Next Agenda Setting: 4:30 p.m., Monday, July 8, 2019
Next School Board Meeting: 6:00 p.m., Wednesday, July 17, 2019