REGULAR MEETING of April 14, 2021
4/14/2021 6:00:00 PM
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
April 14, 2021
Ketchikan Gateway Borough Assembly Chambers
The Board of Education respectfully acknowledges the traditional first people of this land in Ketchikan, the Tongass Tlingit people.
VISION: Educating and empowering students to be leaders, critical thinkers, and problem solvers.
MISSION: Together we foster an educational culture of academic excellence, meaningful connections, and nurturing environments to maximize every student's unique potential.
- CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA
- PUBLIC RECOGNITION - Academic Decathlon
- CITIZEN REMARKS
- INFORMATION AND REPORTS FROM BOARD MEMBERS - including any Committee Reports
- CLAIMS FOR INFORMATION – Claims of April 2, 2021
- SUPERINTENDENT’S REPORT including:
- Student Board Member's Report
- Ketchikan High School Annual Report
- Revilla Junior/Senior High School Annual Report
- PUBLIC HEARING - BUDGET - Procedure (1) Citizens may give public comment regarding the subject of the hearing; (2) the public hearing is closed; (3) opportunity for Board discussion and decision.
- Motion to approve the FY'22 Draft Operating Budget in first reading.
- **PUBLIC HEARING - POLICY** - Procedure (1) Citizens may give public comment regarding the subject of the hearing; (2) the public hearing is closed; (3) opportunity for Board discussion and decision.
- Motion to approve revisions to Board Policy 1020 - Youth Services in second reading.
- Motion to approve revisions to Board Policy 1100 - Communication with the Public in second reading.
- CONSENT CALENDAR - Matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If a Board member requests discussion, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered under Unfinished Business.
- Motion to approve the regular meeting minutes of March 24, 2021.
- Motion to approve the special meeting minutes of March 30, 2021.
- Motion to approve the special meeting minutes of April 7, 2021.
- Motion to approve offering of a contract to Hilary Sauder as occupational therapist.
- Motion to approve the offering of non-tenured certified contracts for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Motion to approve travel of Schoenbar staff to the Model School Conference in Nashville in June 2021.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS (or transferred consent calendar items)
- NEW BUSINESS - None listed
- AASB Board of Directors vacancies
- BOARD COMMENTS
- ADVANCE PLANNING
- Board Member Volunteer for Media Contact
- Regular School Board Meeting - Wed., April 28, 2021, 6 p.m.
The Board reserves the right to go into executive session at any time as and to the extent provided by AS 44.62.310 (the Public Meetings Act) and Board Policy 9321 (Executive Sessions).