REGULAR MEETING of March 10, 2021
3/10/2021 6:00:00 PM
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
Wednesday, March 10, 2021
* Meeting to be held virtually via Webex and streamed live at www.kgbak.us/meeting.videos
The Board of Education would like to respectfully acknowledge the traditional first people of this land in Ketchikan, the Tongass Tlingit people.
VISION: Educating and empowering students to be leaders, critical thinkers, and problem solvers.
MISSION: Together we foster an educational culture of academic excellence, meaningful connections, and nurturing environments to maximize every student's unique potential.
- CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA
- PUBLIC RECOGNITION
- CITIZEN REMARKS
- INFORMATION AND REPORTS FROM BOARD MEMBERS - including any Committee Reports
- CLAIMS FOR INFORMATION – Claims of March 5, 2021
- SUPERINTENDENT’S REPORT including:
- Student Board Member's Report
- Houghtaling Elementary School Report
- Budget trends and budget survey results
8. CONSENT CALENDAR - Matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If a Board member requests discussion, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered under Unfinished Business.
- Motion to approve the special meeting minutes of February 18, 2021.
- Motion to approve the regular meeting minutes of February 24, 2021.
- Motion to adopt Resolution 21-02 regarding the designation of Hazardous Routes.
- Motion to approve a long-term substitute teaching contract with John Ole Sullivan.
- Motion to approve the offering of administrative contracts for the 2021-2022 school year.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS (or transferred consent calendar items)
- NEW BUSINESS
a. Motion to approve the updated Memorandum of Agreement with Ketchikan Charter School and Tongass School of Arts and Sciences.
b. Motion to approve a contract for school psychology services with Brian Adams.
a. Budget priorities
- BOARD COMMENTS
- ADVANCE PLANNING
- Board Member Volunteer for Media Contact
- Next Regular School Board Meeting - Wed., March 24, 2021, 6 p.m.
- Assembly/Board Liaison committee meeting - March 22, 2021, 3 p.m.
- Government to Government meeting with Ketchikan Indian Community (potential dates)
* Public Access options: 1) Install WebEx on your iPad, smart phone or computer. The WebEx Event # is 187 331 3044; password-#SocialDistance6 2) Livestream at www.kgbak.us/meeting.videos; or 3) view on local KPU television.
Regular Meeting of the Board of Education