REGULAR MEETING of November 11, 2020
11/11/2020 6:00:00 PM
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
NOVEMBER 11, 2020
PLEASE NOTE: This meeting will be conducted via videoconference and streamed live at:
www.kgbsd.org/live and on KPU Channel 685.
VISION: Educating and empowering students to be leaders, critical thinkers, and problem solvers.
MISSION: Together we foster an educational culture of academic excellence, meaningful connections, and nurturing environments to maximize every student's unique potential.
- CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA
- PUBLIC RECOGNITION - Native American/Alaska Native Heritage Month
- Veterans Day
- CITIZEN REMARKS *
- INFORMATION AND REPORTS FROM BOARD MEMBERS - including any Committee Reports; and reports on any other Board activities
- CLAIMS FOR INFORMATION – Claims of October 30, 2020
- SUPERINTENDENT’S REPORT including:
- Student Board Member
- FY ‘21 Revenue Report - Business Manager
- Any Other Director Reports
- **PUBLIC HEARING - POLICY** - Procedure (1) Citizens may give public comment regarding the subject of the hearing; (2) the public hearing is closed; (3) opportunity for Board discussion and decision.
a. Motion to approve revisions to Board Policy 4000 - Personnel Concepts and Roles in second reading.
- CONSENT CALENDAR - Matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If a Board member requests discussion, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered under Unfinished Business.
a. Motion to approve the regular meeting minutes of October 28, 2020.
b. Motion to approve the emergency special meeting minutes of November 4, 2020.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS (or transferred consent calendar items)
- NEW BUSINESS
- Motion to approve instituting an indigenous land acknowledgement as a customary occurrence at School Board meetings.
- Audit report
- Board committee assignments
- BOARD COMMENTS
- ADVANCE PLANNING
- Board Member Volunteer for Media Contact
- Next Regular School Board Meeting - Wed., December 9, 2020, 6 p.m., Assembly Chambers
* Citizens wishing to comment may submit written comments by 3 p.m. on November 11. Those comments will then be read aloud by the board clerk during the meeting.