REGULAR MEETING of July 15, 2020
7/15/2020 6:00:00 PM
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
JULY 15, 2020
Ketchikan Gateway Borough Assembly Chambers
- CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA
- PUBLIC RECOGNITION - Rotary Interact Club - Platinum Award for Service
- CITIZEN REMARKS
- INFORMATION AND REPORTS FROM BOARD MEMBERS - including Committee Reports
- CLAIMS FOR INFORMATION – Claims of June 26, 2020
- SUPERINTENDENT’S REPORT
- **PUBLIC HEARING – POLICY** - Procedure (1) Citizens may give public comment regarding the subject of the hearing; (2) the public hearing is closed; (3) opportunity for Board discussion and decision.
- Motion to approve new Board Policy 3510 - Maintenance in first reading.
- Motion to approve new Board Policy 5141.42 - Professional Boundaries of Staff with Students in first reading.
- CONSENT CALENDAR - Matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If a Board member requests discussion, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered under Unfinished Business.
a. Motion to approve the regular meeting minutes of June 24, 2020.
b. Motion to approve Resolution 21-01 authorizing bank signers and bank accounts for the district.
c. Motion to approve an administrative contract with Scott Huff for the 2020-2021 school year.
d. Motion to approve a teacher contract with Ali Pry for the 2020-2021 school year.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS (or transferred consent calendar items)
- NEW BUSINESS
a. Motion to ratify the 2020-2022 Negotiated Labor Contract with the Administrative Assistants-KEA.
b. Motion to approve the FY 21 Emergency Relief Fund Competitive Grant Application.
c. Motion to approve a contract with Schmolck Mechanical Contractors for the Kayhi Boiler Replacement Project in the amount of $240,094.
a. Board Members’ proposed goals relating to the School Climate and Connectedness
b. Town Hall tentatively scheduled for July 29, 2020
- CITIZEN REMARKS
- BOARD COMMENTS
15. ADVANCE PLANNING
- Board Member Volunteer for Media Contact
- Next Regular School Board Meeting - Wednesday, August 12, 2020 (with agenda setting at 10 a.m. August 3)
- Government to Government Consultation Meetings
The Board reserves the right to go into executive session at any time as and to the extent provided by AS 44.62.310 (the Public Meetings Act) and Board Policy 9321 (Executive Sessions).
Regular Meeting of the Board of Education