REGULAR MEETING of September 23, 2020
9/23/2020 6:00:00 PM
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
SEPTEMBER 23, 2020
Ketchikan Gateway Borough Assembly Chambers
VISION: Educating and empowering students to be leaders, critical thinkers, and problem solvers.
MISSION: Together we foster an educational culture of academic excellence, meaningful connections, and nurturing environments to maximize every student's unique potential.
- CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA
- PUBLIC RECOGNITION - PEACE WEEK Proclamation
- CITIZEN REMARKS
- INFORMATION AND REPORTS FROM BOARD MEMBERS - including any Committee Reports and a report on the Board self-assessment work session.
- CLAIMS FOR INFORMATION – Claims of September 18, 2020
- SUPERINTENDENT’S REPORT
- CONSENT CALENDAR - Matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If a Board member requests discussion, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered under Unfinished Business.
a. Motion to approve the regular meeting minutes of September 9, 2020.
b. Motion to approve a teaching contract with Kyle Bailey for the 2020-21 school year.
c. Motion to approve a teaching contract with Hailee Miller for the 2020-21 school year.
d. Motion to approve a long-term substitute teaching contract with Anita Arteaga.
e. Motion to approve a contract with Katherine Walter for occupational therapy services.
f. Motion to approve a contract with Cailin Silcox for occupational therapy services.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS (or transferred consent calendar items)
- NEW BUSINESS
a. Motion to approve a fund transfer of $174,902.64 from the Operating Fund to the Food Service fund.
- BOARD COMMENTS
- ADVANCE PLANNING
- Board Member Volunteer for Media Contact
- Next Regular School Board Meeting - Wed., October 14
The Board reserves the right to go into executive session at any time as and to the extent provided by AS 44.62.310 (the Public Meetings Act) and Board Policy 9321 (Executive Sessions.)
Regular Meeting of the Board of Education