REGULAR MEETING WITH WORK SESSION May 25, 2023
5/25/2023 6:00:00 PM
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT BOARD OF EDUCATION
REGULAR MEETING and WORK SESSION
May 25, 2023, 6:00 P.M.
Ketchikan Gateway Borough Assembly Chambers
The Board of Education respectfully acknowledges the traditional first people of this land in Ketchikan, the Tongass Tlingit people.
1. CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
2. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
3. PUBLIC RECOGNITION
4. CITIZEN REMARKS (per BB9323, each individual speaker is allowed a maximum of 5 minutes to address the board.)
5. INFORMATION AND REPORTS FROM BOARD MEMBERS including Committee Reports
6. REPORTS FOR INFORMATION – Claims of May 12, 2023
7. REPORTS - Superintendent Report
8. CONSENT CALENDAR - (Matters listed under the Consent Calendar are routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If a Board member requests discussion, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered under Unfinished Business.)
a. Motion to approve the meeting minutes of May 10, 2023.
b. Motion to approve the contract with University of Alaska Anchorage Center for Human Development to assist in the evaluation of Trauma Informed and Culturally Responsive in Schools trainings and activities.
c. Motion to approve the offering of a contract to Jill Lenhard, as Librarian at SMS for the 23-24 school year.
9. UNFINISHED BUSINESS (or transferred consent calendar items)
a. FY ’24 Budget
a. Board Goal # 2 TRUST – Develop and adhere to specified fair hiring practices across district positions - HR Practices Group Update.
12. BOARD COMMENTS
13. ADVANCE PLANNING
a. School Board regular meeting and/or work session June 14th and 28th at 6:00 p.m. in the Borough Assembly Chambers
The Board reserves the right to go into executive session at any time as and to the extent provided by
AS 44.62.310 (the Public Meetings Act) and Board Policy 9321 (Executive Sessions)
Regular Meeting and Work Session of the Board of Education