REGULAR Meeting of June 24, 2020
6/24/2020 6:00:00 PM
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
June 24, 2020
Ketchikan Gateway Borough Assembly Chambers
- CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA
- PUBLIC RECOGNITION - Sarah Campbell - 2020 Sanford Teacher Award winner
- CITIZEN REMARKS
- CLAIMS FOR INFORMATION – Claims of June 12, 2020
- SUPERINTENDENT REPORT – Update on Smart Start Plan Presentation
- CONSENT CALENDAR - Matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If a Board member requests discussion, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered under Unfinished Business
a. Motion to approve the regular meeting minutes of June 10, 2020.
b. Motion to approve the special meeting minutes of June 10, 2020.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS (or transferred consent calendar items)
- NEW BUSINESS
- Motion to approve the FY 20 budget transfers. *
- Board “Safety” Goal regarding the School Climate and Connectedness survey results
- Review of AASB Policy Updates: BP and AR 5141.42 Professional Boundaries of Staff with Students –New from AASB; BP 3510; BP and AR 4161 (formal BP adoption required)
- Review AR 5116
- Review KGBSD Annual Agenda Calendar 2020-2021
- Review Superintendent Goals
- Government to Government consultation with Ketchikan Indian Community.
- CITIZEN REMARKS
- BOARD COMMENTS
- EXECUTIVE SESSION
- Motion to enter into Executive Session regarding negotiations with the Administrative Assistants, a matter the immediate knowledge of which would clearly have an adverse effect upon the finances of the school district.
- Motion to enter into Executive Session to discuss Superintendent/Board Relations, a matter the immediate knowledge of which would clearly have an adverse effect upon the finances of the school district.
- ADVANCE PLANNING
- Board Member Volunteer for Media Contact
- Next Regular School Board Meeting - Wednesday, July 15, 2020 (with agenda setting at 10 a.m. July 6)
*(9 a. This has been corrected from the incorrect posting as "FY 21...")
The Board reserves the right to go into executive session at any time as and to the extent provided by AS 44.62.310 (the Public Meetings Act) and Board Policy 9321 (Executive Sessions).
Regular Meeting of the Board of Education