REGULAR MEETING of July 17, 2019
7/17/2019 6:00:00 PM
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
Regular Meeting of July 17, 2019
Ketchikan Gateway Borough Assembly Chambers
- CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
- PUBLIC RECOGNITION
- CITIZEN REMARKS
- INFORMATION AND REPORTS FROM BOARD MEMBERS
- CLAIMS FOR INFORMATION
- Detailed Claims Register of June 28, 2019
- Detailed Claims Register of July 12, 2019
- SUPERINTENDENT REPORT:
- Business Manager’s Report
- **PUBLIC HEARINGS - POLICY **- Procedure: (1) Citizens may give public comment regarding the subject of the hearing; (2) the public hearing is closed; (3) opportunity for the Board discussion and decision.
- Motion to approve revised Board Policy 1312 - Public Complaints Concerning the Schools in first reading.
- Motion to approve revised Board Policy 1312.1 - Public Complaints Concerning School Personnel in first reading.
- Motion to approve revised Board Policy 1312.2 - Public Complaints Concerning Instructional Materials in first reading.
- Motion to approve revised Board Policy 1312.3 - Public Complaints Concerning Discrimination in first reading.
- CONSENT CALENDAR: Matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If a Board member requests discussion, that item will be moved from the Consent Calendar and will be considered under Unfinished Business.
- Motion to approve regular meeting minutes of June 26, 2019.
- Motion to approve the regular meeting minutes of March 27, 2019.
- Motion to approve the regular meeting minutes of April 10, 2019.
- Motion to approve the special meeting minutes of April 17, 2019.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- NEW BUSINESS
- Motion to approve FY 19 budget transfers.
- Motion to approve the Edgenuity contract renewal for 2019-2020.
- Motion to approve a school lunch price increase, effective at the beginning of the 2019-2020 school year.
- Motion to approve a copier contract renewal with Tongass Business Center.
- Board Policy 4133 - Travel Expenses
- CITIZEN REMARKS
- BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS
- EXECUTIVE SESSION: To discuss negotiations with the Special Service Professionals – a matter the immediate knowledge of which would clearly have an adverse effect upon the finances of the School District.
The Board may enter an executive session for a permitted reason, only after a motion is made and voted upon in open session to enter the executive session. Permitted subjects for an executive session are:
- matters, the immediate knowledge of which would clearly have an adverse effect upon the finances of the school district;
- subjects that tend to prejudice the reputation and character of any person, provided the person may request a public discussion;
- matters which by law, municipal charter, or ordinance are required to be confidential; or
- matters involving consideration of government records that by law are not subject to public disclosure
- meetings for the purpose of hearing and deciding matters, in which the Board acts as an adjudicatory body performing a quasi-judicial function.
- ADVANCED PLANNING
- Media Contact:
- Next Agenda Setting: 4:30 PM, Monday, August 5, 2019
- Next School Board Meeting: 6:00 PM, Wednesday, August 14, 2019
Regular Meeting of the Board of Education