REGULAR MEETING of October 13, 2021
10/13/2021 6:00:00 PM
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
OCTOBER 13, 2021
Ketchikan Gateway Borough Assembly Chambers
The Board of Education respectfully acknowledges the traditional first people of this land in Ketchikan,
the Tongass Tlingit people.
- CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA
- PUBLIC RECOGNITION - Filipino American History Month
- CITIZEN REMARKS
- INFORMATION AND REPORTS FROM BOARD MEMBERS - including any Committee Reports
- CLAIMS FOR INFORMATION - Claims of October 1, 2021
- SUPERINTENDENT'S REPORT
- Student Member's Report
- **PUBLIC HEARING - POLICY** - Procedure (1) Citizens may give public comment regarding the subject of the hearing; (2) the public hearing is closed; (3) opportunity for Board discussion and decision.
- Motion to approve a new Board Policy 1420 - Relations between Sovereign Nations and the Schools in first reading.
- Motion to approve revisions to Board Policy 6115 - Ceremonies and Observances in first reading.
- Motion to approve revisions to Board Bylaw 9322 - Agenda/Meeting Materials in first reading.
- CONSENT CALENDAR - Matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If a Board member requests discussion, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered under Unfinished Business.
- Motion to approve the regular meeting minutes of September 22, 2021.
- Motion to approve a long-term substitute contract with Mark Woodward. (TSAS)
- Motion to approve a contract with Kristin Ferris for speech language pathology services for the 2021-22 school year.
- Motion to approve a professional services contract with Robert Hewitt for the 2021-2022 school year.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS (or transferred consent calendar items)
- NEW BUSINESS
- Motion to approve the Alaska Child Nutrition School Food Service Equipment Grant.
- Motion to approve the receipt and use of ESSER III COVID Relief funds in the amount of $1,450,061.
- 2022-2023 School Year Calendar
- Board travel budget
- Proficiency rate on student assessments
- BOARD COMMENTS
- ADVANCE PLANNING
- Board Member Volunteer for Media Contact
- Borough Public Official Training - Mon., October 25, 2021, 5:30 p.m.
- Next Regular School Board Meeting - Wed., October 27, 2021.
Regular Meeting of the Board of Education