REGULAR MEETING of January 15, 2020
1/15/2020 6:00:00 PM
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
January 15, 2020
Ketchikan Gateway Borough Assembly Chambers
- CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
- PUBLIC RECOGNITION
a. Certified Nursing Assistant Graduates
b. Dual credits for CTE courses
- CITIZEN REMARKS
- EXECUTIVE SESSION - For the purpose of discussions with legal counsel on personnel and legal matters, a subject which is appropriate under AS 44.62.310 (the Public Meetings Act) and Board Bylaw 9321 (Executive Sessions).
- INFORMATION AND REPORTS FROM BOARD MEMBERS
a. Native Education Committee
b. Policy Committee
- CLAIMS FOR INFORMATION - December 13, 2019; December 27, 2019; January 6, 2020
- SUPERINTENDENT REPORT including
a. Directors' Reports
b. Student Board Member's Report
- CONSENT CALENDAR - Matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If a Board member requests discussion, that item will be removed from the consent calendar and will be considered under Unfinished Business.
a. Motion to approve the special meeting minutes of October 3, 2018.
b. Motion to approve the regular meeting minutes of December 11, 2019.
c. Motion to approve the special meeting minutes of December 27, 2019.
d. Motion to approve Resolution #20-03 and Plan Amendment to the district's 457(b) Retirement Plan.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- NEW BUSINESS
a. Motion to approve the ALICE Training Curriculum.
b. Motion to approve a long term substitute teaching contract for Rebekah Beckett at Ketchikan Charter School.
c. Motion to approve a teaching contract with Larissa Sivertsen for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year.
a. Graduation requirements
b. MOAs between the district and other agencies or businesses
c. Update of BP 5141 - Immunizations
- CITIZEN REMARKS
- BOARD COMMENTS
- EXECUTIVE SESSION - regarding a matter, the immediate knowledge of which would clearly have an adverse effect upon the finances of the school district.
- ADVANCED PLANNING
a. Media Contact - Board Member Volunteer
b. Joint work session with Borough Assembly: 3 p.m. Friday, January 17, 2020
c. Next School Board Meeting: 6:00 p.m., Wednesday, January 22, 2020
Regular Meeting of the Board of Education