REGULAR MEETING of June 23, 2021
6/23/2021 6:00:00 PM
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
June 23, 2021
Ketchikan Gateway Borough Assembly Chambers
The Board of Education respectfully acknowledges the traditional first people of this land in Ketchikan, the Tongass Tlingit people.
- CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA
- PUBLIC RECOGNITION
- CITIZEN REMARKS
- INFORMATION AND REPORTS FROM BOARD MEMBERS - including any Committee Reports
- CLAIMS FOR INFORMATION – Claims of June 11, 2021
- SUPERINTENDENT'S REPORT
- **PUBLIC HEARING - POLICY** - Procedure (1) Citizens may give public comment regarding the subject of the hearing; (2) the public hearing is closed; (3) opportunity for Board discussion and decision.
- Motion to approve revisions to Board Policy 1312 - Public Comments Concerning the Schools in second reading.
- Motion to approve revisions to Board Policy 1312.1 - Public Complaints Concerning School Personnel in second reading.
- Motion to approve revisions to Board Policy 1312.3 - Public Complaints Concerning Discrimination in second reading.
- CONSENT CALENDAR - Matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If a Board member requests discussion, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered under Unfinished Business.
- Motion to approve the regular meeting minutes of May 26, 2021.
- Motion to approve the special meeting minutes of June 3, 2021.
- Motion to approve the regular meeting minutes of June 9, 2021
- Motion to approve the offer of a teaching contract to Morgan Drake for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Motion to approve the offer of a teaching contract to Ronor Escabarte for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Motion to approve the offer of a teaching contract to Sarah Orozco for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Motion to approve the offer of a teaching contract to Edelweiss Serlin for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Motion to approve the offer of a teaching contract to Leigh Woodward for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Motion to approve a contract with Lindsey Hargis for speech and language pathology services.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS (or transferred consent calendar items)
- NEW BUSINESS
- Motion to approve a MOA with the Ketchikan Gateway Borough for the Point Higgins paving project.
- Motion to approve the purpose of science tables for Schoenbar Middle School at a cost of $35,000.
- Motion to approve a lease agreement with South Tongass Alliance Church.
- Motion to approve the 2021-2024 Professional Salary Schedule.
- Motion to approve the KLO Collective Bargaining Agreement.
a. ESSA training; & next consultation with Ketchikan Indian Community
b. Recommendations for AASB Strategic Plan
- BOARD COMMENTS
- EXECUTIVE SESSION - To discuss negotiations with KLO, a matter the immediate knowledge of which would clearly have an adverse effect upon the finances of the school district. (See New Business Item 11.e.)
15. ADVANCE PLANNING
Regular Meeting of the Board of Education