REGULAR MEETING of September 11, 2019 (Re-scheduled)
9/11/2019 6:00:00 PM
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
Regular Meeting of September 11, 2019 Rescheduled to September 18, 2019
Ketchikan Gateway Borough Assembly Chambers
- CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
- OATH OF OFFICE - Student Member Brendan Roof
- PUBLIC RECOGNITION - National Recovery Month Proclamation
- CITIZEN REMARKS
- INFORMATION AND REPORTS FROM BOARD MEMBERS
a. Policy Committee
- CLAIMS FOR INFORMATION
- Detailed Claims Register of September 6, 2019.
- SUPERINTENDENT REPORT:
- Business Manager’s Report
- Curriculum Director's Report
- Special Education Director's Report
- Maintenance Director's Report
- Student Board Member's Report
- **PUBLIC HEARINGS - POLICY **- Procedure: (1) Citizens may give public comment regarding the subject of the hearing; (2) the public hearing is closed; (3) opportunity for the Board discussion and decision.
- Motion to approve revisions to Board Policy 4133 - Travel Expenses in third reading.
- Motion to approve revisions to Board Policy 5138 - Student Personal Electronic Device & Cell Phone Use in third reading.
- CONSENT CALENDAR: Matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If a Board member requests discussion, that item will be moved from the Consent Calendar and will be considered under Unfinished Business.
- Motion to approve the regular meeting minutes of August 14, 2019.
- Motion to approve the regular meeting minutes of August 28, 2019.
- Motion to approve a teaching contract with Krista Kegl for the 2019-20 school year.
10. NEW BUSINESS
a. Motion to approve a sale of surplus maintenance department equipment.
b. Motion to approve the School Food Service Equipment Grant.
11. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
a. Association of Alaska School Boards' Call for Resolutions and nominations for its Board of Directors
b. Process for Board policy review and revision.
c. Discussion concerning a permanent superintendent contract.
d. Joint Resolution with the Ketchikan Gateway Borough concerning state education funding.
13. CITIZEN REMARKS
14. BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS
15. EXECUTIVE SESSION - None Scheduled
16. ADVANCED PLANNING
Agenda Setting for September 25, 2019 meeting:4:30 p.m., Monday, September 16, 2019
Next School Board Meeting: 6:00 p.m., Wednesday, September 25, 2019
Regular Meeting of the Board of Education