Gifts, Grants and Bequests
GIFTS, GRANTS AND BEQUESTS
The School Board greatly appreciates the support of community members and may accept suitable donations on behalf of the district. To be acceptable, a gift must satisfy the following criteria:
1. Not begin a program which the Board would be unwilling to continue when the donated funds are exhausted.
2. Not entail undesirable or hidden costs, such as additional staff workload.
3. Place no restrictions on the school program.
4. Not be inappropriate or harmful to the best education of students.
5. Not imply endorsement of any business or product.
6. Not conflict with any provision of the Board policy or public law.
7. Have a purpose consistent with those of the district.
The Board discourages any gifts which may directly or indirectly impair its commitment to providing equal educational opportunities for all district students. Use of a gift shall not be impaired by restrictions or conditions imposed by the donor. The Board will try to follow the donor's wishes insofar as they do not conflict with district philosophy or operations.
Upon acceptance by the School Board, all gifts, grants and bequests shall become school district property. The Superintendent may set Administrative Regulation for accepting cash donations less than $10,000. Donations of services, items or donations related to fundraising do not require board approval. Their acceptance will be at the discretion of the Superintendent. At the Superintendent or designee's discretion, a gift may be used at a particular school.
(cf. 3430 - Investing)
(cf. 3440 - Inventories)
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
Adoption Date: 10/13/99
Revision Date: 8/28/2013