Gifts, Grants and Bequests
GIFTS, GRANTS AND BEQUESTS
Upon notification of the probability that a program within the District will receive a donation of any kind the appropriate administrator will contact the Superintendent or his designee.
1. If the donation is greater than $10,000, action will be taken to obtain School Board approval.
2. If the donation is greater than $10,000 over the course of a school year, the administrator will seek direction from the Superintendent on whether or not Board Action is required.
3. If the donation is less than $10,000, the Superintendent may approve acceptance of the donation.
a. The Superintendent may delegate authority to accept donations as long as they are reported in writing.
4. The Superintendent will report significant donations to the School Board.
All Other Donations
1. Acceptance of non-cash donations, or fund-raising efforts need to be approved by the school principal.
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
Adoption Date: 8/28/2013