The following guidelines shall govern the appointment and functions of special committees:
- Appointments to committees shall be made by the president unless otherwise directed by the Board action.
- Appointments of staff members to advisory committees shall be made upon the recommendation of the Superintendent. Public members will be nominated by the president and confirmed by the Board at a regular meeting of the Board.
- The president, or a Board member designated by the president, shall serve as an ex-officio member of each committee and the Superintendent shall serve as an advisor to each committee unless appointed as a member.
- Each special committee shall keep a record of its activities at the district office and make regular reports to the Board.
Each committee shall be clearly instructed as to:
- The length of time the committee shall function.
- The service the Board wishes the committee to render, including the extent and limitation of its authority.
- The resources the Board will provide, and the date(s) on which the Board expects to receive report(s).
The committee shall automatically be dissolved at the conclusion of its assigned functions, and the Board shall reserve the right to dissolve, reconstitute, or reassign the duties of a committee at any time.
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
Adoption Date: 10/13/99