SPECIAL MEETING of January 27, 2022
1/27/2022 5:00:00 PM
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
SUPERINTENDENT FINALIST SELECTION *
SPECIAL MEETING, Thursday, January 27, 2022
Ketchikan Gateway Borough Assembly Chambers
Facilitated by the Association of Alaska School Boards
The Board of Education respectfully acknowledges the traditional first people of this land in Ketchikan, the Tongass Tlingit people.
- CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
- CITIZEN REMARKS
- FINALIST SELECTION PROCESS *
- Review the finalist selection process
- Review and set the interview schedule for the selected finalists
(interview length and contract review/negotiation process)
- Review stakeholder initial survey tools and stakeholder process.
- Review interview questions.
- Review the final superintendent contract parameters.
- Review all the candidate applications and receive confidential background information from the search consultant.
- Select top 3-4 finalists by Board action.
- Review Board role and responsibilities prior to interviews
- BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS
* Agenda items and steps for process provided by AASB. Some agenda items will occur in executive session, if allowable and appropriate. Agenda items may be re-ordered.
Special Meeting of the Board of Education