REGULAR MEETING of February 9, 2022
2/9/2022 6:00:00 PM
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
FEBRUARY 9, 2022
Ketchikan Gateway Borough Assembly Chambers
The Board of Education respectfully acknowledges the traditional first people of this land in Ketchikan, the Tongass Tlingit people.
- CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA
- PUBLIC RECOGNITION - Superintendent Finalists
- Elizabeth Peratrovich Day - February 16
- Black History Month
- CITIZEN REMARKS - (Per Board Bylaw 9323, each individual speaker will be limited to a maximum of 5 minutes.)
- INFORMATION AND REPORTS FROM BOARD MEMBERS including any Committee Reports
- CLAIMS FOR INFORMATION - Claims of February 4, 2022.
- SUPERINTENDENT'S REPORT:
- Student Member's Report
- Point Higgins Elementary School Report
- CONSENT CALENDAR - Matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If a Board member requests discussion, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered under Unfinished Business.
- Motion to approve the regular meeting minutes of January 26, 2022.
- Motion to approve the special meeting minutes of January 27, 2022.
- Motion to approve the special meeting minutes of January 31, 2022. (not completed.)
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS (or transferred consent calendar items)
- NEW BUSINESS
- Motion to approve a FY '22 budget revision.
- Motion to approve a purchased services agreement with Trebron Security LLC for Sophos Cybersecurity services.
- EXECUTIVE SESSION - Regarding negotiations with the Technology Staff Labor Organization (TSLO ), a matter the immediate knowledge of which would clearly have an adverse effect upon the finances of the school district as provided for by Board Bylaw 9321 and AS 44.62.310.
- Thresholds for setting school district COVID risk levels
- Drug abuse/overdose issues
- BOARD COMMENTS
- ADVANCE PLANNING
- Board Member Volunteer for Media Contact
- Special School Board meeting - 6 p.m. Thurs., February 10, 2022
- Assembly/School Board Liaison Committee - Noon, Wed., February 23, 2022
- Next Regular School Board Meeting - 6 p.m. Wed., February 23, 2022.
Regular Meeting of the Board of Education