Special Meeting of July 1, 2021
7/1/2021 12:00:00 PM
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
SUPERINTENDENT FINALIST SELECTION
Noon, July 1, 2021
Borough Assembly Chambers
Facilitated by the Association of Alaska School Boards
- CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
- CITIZEN REMARKS
- FINALIST SELECTION PROCESS *
- Review the finalist selection process
- Review and set the interview schedule for the selected finalists
(interview length and contract review/negotiation process)
- Review stakeholder initial survey tools.
- Select the interview questions.
- Review the final superintendent contract parameters.
- Review all the candidate applications and receive confidential background information from the search consultant.
- Select top 3-4 finalists by Board action.
- Review Board role and responsibilities prior to interviews
4. BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS
* Agenda items and steps for process provided by AASB. Those agenda items which are allowable and appropriate will occur in executive session.
The Superintendent Search is occurring under a contract with the Association of Alaska School Boards.
Superintendent Finalist Selection Process