BUSINESS MEETING and WORKSESSION of May 26, 2022
5/26/2022 6:00:00 PM
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
Regular Meeting and Worksession
Thursday, May 26, 2022 *
Ketchikan Gateway Borough Assembly Chambers
The Board of Education respectfully acknowledges the traditional first people of this land in Ketchikan, the Tongass Tlingit people.
- CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
- CITIZEN REMARKS - (Per Board Bylaw 9323, each individual speaker will be limited to a maximum of 5 minutes.)
- ACTION ITEMS
- Motion to approve an administrative contract with Richard Dormer for the 2022-2023 school year.
- Motion to ratify the negotiated agreement with the KEA Special Services Professionals of Ketchikan.
- WORK SESSION - Worksessions are public meetings and public members may participate at the invitation of the Board President. Worksessions may be conducted as necessary to study and review, in depth, matters that may be discussed at future regular or special meetings. Topics on the agenda are for discussion purposes only and no motions will be made or actions taken on these items during the worksession. No minutes are taken at worksessions. (Board Bylaw 9320)
- Superintendent evaluation process
- Board self-evaluation process
- Board goal setting
- BOARD COMMENTS
* Note: This meeting date is departure from the usual meeting day of a Wednesday.
The Board reserves the right to go into executive session at any time as and to the extent provided by AS 44.62.310 (the Public Meetings Act) and Board Policy 9321 (Executive Sessions).
BUSINESS MEETING and WORKSESSION