REGULAR MEETING of April 28, 2021
4/28/2021 6:00:00 PM
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
April 28, 2021
Ketchikan Gateway Borough Assembly Chambers
The Board of Education respectfully acknowledges the traditional first people of this land in Ketchikan, the Tongass Tlingit people.
VISION: Educating and empowering students to be leaders, critical thinkers, and problem solvers.
MISSION: Together we foster an educational culture of academic excellence, meaningful connections, and nurturing environments to maximize every student's unique potential.
- CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA
- PUBLIC RECOGNITION
- CITIZEN REMARKS
- INFORMATION AND REPORTS FROM BOARD MEMBERS - including any Committee Reports
- CLAIMS FOR INFORMATION – Claims of April 16, 2021
7. SUPERINTENDENT’S REPORT including: the Student Board Member's Report
- PUBLIC HEARING - BUDGET - Procedure (1) Citizens may give public comment regarding the subject of the hearing; (2) the public hearing is closed; (3) opportunity for Board discussion and decision.
- Motion to adopt the FY'22 Operating Budget.
- CONSENT CALENDAR - Matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If a Board member requests discussion, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered under Unfinished Business.
- Motion to approve the regular meeting minutes of April 14, 2021.
- Motion to approve a teaching contract with Catharine Rocke for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Motion to approve a teaching contract with Erin Knight for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Motion to approve a contract with Sheri Adams for speech and language pathology services.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS (or transferred consent calendar items)
- NEW BUSINESS
- Motion to accept the resignation of Elizabeth (Beth) Lougee as Superintendent, effective April 30, 2021.
- Motion to ratify a separation agreement between the school district and Elizabeth (Beth) Lougee.
- Motion to approve a revision to the FY 21 operating budget.
- DISCUSSION - No items listed
- BOARD COMMENTS
- EXECUTIVE SESSION - Motion to enter Executive Session for the purpose of considering an appointment of an Interim Superintendent - a subject that tends to prejudice the reputation and character of any person, provided the person may request a public discussion.
- OPPORTUNITY for Action regarding the subject discussed in Executive Session.
- ADVANCE PLANNING
- Board Member Volunteer for Media Contact
- Regular School Board Meeting - Wed., May 12, 2021