REGULAR MEETING of September 22, 2021
9/22/2021 6:00:00 PM
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
SEPTEMBER 22, 2021
Ketchikan Gateway Borough Assembly Chambers
The Board of Education respectfully acknowledges the traditional first people of this land in Ketchikan, the Tongass Tlingit people.
- CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA
- PUBLIC RECOGNITION
- CITIZEN REMARKS
- INFORMATION AND REPORTS FROM BOARD MEMBERS - including any Committee Reports
- CLAIMS FOR INFORMATION - Claims of September 17, 2021
- SUPERINTENDENT'S REPORT
- **PUBLIC HEARING - POLICY** - Procedure (1) Citizens may give public comment regarding the subject of the hearing; (2) the public hearing is closed; (3) opportunity for Board discussion and decision.
- Motion to revise Board Policy 6155 - Challenging Courses by Examination in second reading.
- Motion to approve a new Board policy 1420 - Relations between Sovereign Nations and the Schools in first reading.
- CONSENT CALENDAR - Matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If a Board member requests discussion, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered under Unfinished Business.
- Motion to approve the regular meeting minutes of September 8, 2021.
- Motion to approve a contract with Martha Bullock as a school counselor for the 2021-22 school year.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS (or transferred consent calendar items)
- NEW BUSINESS
- Motion to approve a lease to purchase agreement with Tech Power Solutions, Inc. for the KGBSD server replacement and upgrade project.
- AASB November Annual Conference attendance
- BOARD COMMENTS
- ADVANCE PLANNING
- Board Member Volunteer for Media Contact
- Next Regular School Board Meeting - Wed., October 13, 2021.
Regular Meeting of the Board of Education