REGULAR MEETING of August 18, 2021
8/18/2021 6:00:00 PM
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
AUGUST 18, 2021 (replaces August 25, 2021 meeting)
Ketchikan Gateway Borough Assembly Chambers
The Board of Education respectfully acknowledges the traditional first people of this land in Ketchikan, the Tongass Tlingit people.
- CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA
- PUBLIC RECOGNITION
- CITIZEN REMARKS
- INFORMATION AND REPORTS FROM BOARD MEMBERS - including any Committee Reports
- SUPERINTENDENT'S REPORT
- CONSENT CALENDAR - Matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If a Board member requests discussion, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered under Unfinished Business.
- Motion to approve a teaching contract with Matthew Lenhard for the 2021-2022 school year (KHS-Band director).
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS (or transferred consent calendar items)
- NEW BUSINESS
- Motion regarding the Start Strong 2021-2022 COVID mitigation plan.
- Motion to approve a waiver of portions of the graduation requirements for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Motion to approve the FY 23 Six-Year Capital Improvement Plan.
- Motion to approve a one-year service agreement with Alaska Pest Management for disinfecting services.
- Motion to approve the purchase of Lenovo replacement and new teacher machines from OETC.
- Motion to approve a FY21 supplemental contribution to the Health Insurance reserve fund.
a. Board participation in AASB events in September and November.
- BOARD COMMENTS
- ADVANCE PLANNING
- Board Member Volunteer for Media Contact
- Next Regular School Board Meeting - Wed., September 8, 2021
Regular Meeting of the Board of Education