Regular Meeting of March 25, 2020
3/25/2020 6:00:00 PM
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
March 25, 2020
PUBLIC ACCESS: The public can view the meeting via live stream on
www.kgbsd.org/live. It is also being shown on KPU Channel 685.
- CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA
- PUBLIC RECOGNITION
- CITIZEN REMARKS (See below)
- INFORMATION AND REPORTS FROM BOARD MEMBERS
- CLAIMS FOR INFORMATION - March 20, 2020
- SUPERINTENDENT REPORT including
- Directors' Reports
- Student Member's Report
- PUBLIC HEARING - POLICY: Procedure (1) Citizens may give public comment regarding the subject of the hearing; (2) the public hearing is closed; (3) opportunity for Board discussion and decision.
a. Motion to approve new Board Policy 6114.4 - Pandemic/Epidemic Emergencies in second reading.
- CONSENT CALENDAR - Matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If a Board member requests discussion, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered under Unfinished Business.
a. Motion to approve the regular meeting minutes of March 11, 2020.
b. Motion to approve emergency special meeting minutes of March 13, 2020.
c. Motion to approve the emergency special meeting minutes of March 18, 2020.
10. UNFINISHED BUSINESS (or transferred consent calendar items)
11. NEW BUSINESS
- Motion to approve non-tenured teacher contracts for the 2020-2021 school year.
13. CITIZEN REMARKS
14. BOARD COMMENTS
15. EXECUTIVE SESSION - To discuss negotiations with the Administrative Assistants, a matter the immediate knowledge of which would clearly have an adverse effect upon the finances of the district.
16. ADVANCE PLANNING
- Board Member Volunteer for Media Contact
- Agenda Setting - 10 a.m. March 30, 2020
- Next Regular School Board Meeting - Wednesday, April 8, 2020
- School Climate and Connectedness Presentations - May 12 and 13, 2020
Citizen Remarks: The public may provide public comment for this meeting by: email to: Kerry.Watson@k21schools.org (the comments will be read aloud at the meeting); or by phone, by emailing Kerry.Watson@k21schools.org, and providing your name and phone number. You will then be called at the appropriate time in the meeting to testify. For either of these options, please email by 3 p.m. Wednesday, March 25, 2020.