REGULAR MEETING of May 12, 2021
5/12/2021 6:00:00 PM
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
MAY 12, 2021
School Board Members and staff will attend via videoconference.
The meeting will be streamed live at www.kgbsd.org/live and on KPU channel 685
The Board of Education respectfully acknowledges the traditional first people of this land in Ketchikan, the Tongass Tlingit people.
- CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA
- PUBLIC RECOGNITION
- CITIZEN REMARKS
- INFORMATION AND REPORTS FROM BOARD MEMBERS - including any Committee Reports
- CLAIMS FOR INFORMATION – Claims of April 30, 2021
- SUPERINTENDENT’S REPORT including:
- Student Board Member's Report
- Schoenbar Middle School Annual Report
- Update on Smart Start Risk Level
- CONSENT CALENDAR - Matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If a Board member requests discussion, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered under Unfinished Business.
- Motion to approve the regular meeting minutes of April 28, 2021.
- Motion to approve the special meeting minutes of May 4, 2021.
- Motion to approve the emergency meeting minutes of May 4, 2021.
- Motion to approve the emergency meeting minutes of May 5, 2021.
- Motion to approve the offer of a teaching contract with Richel Dapudong for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Motion to approve the offer of a teaching contract with Aldrin Torrejos for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Motion to approve the offer of a teaching contract with Trisha Bermudez for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Motion to approve the offer of a teaching contract with Sean O’Neil for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Motion to approve the offer of a teaching contract with Deborah Badertscher for the 2021-2022 school year.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS (or transferred consent calendar items)
- NEW BUSINESS
- Motion to approve a lease agreement with Ketchikan Gateway Borough for office space not to exceed $38,028.
- Motion to approve the application and acceptance of the FY 21-22 Screening Testing to Reopen and Keep Schools Operating Safely Grant in the amount of $392,630.
- Motion to approve the regular meeting schedule for July, November and December.
- BOARD COMMENTS
- ADVANCE PLANNING
- Board Member Volunteer for Media Contact
- Regular School Board Meeting - Wed., May 26, 2021
The Board reserves the right to go into executive session at any time as and to the extent provided by AS 44.62.310 (the Public Meetings Act) and Board Policy 9321 (Executive Sessions).
Citizen Remarks: The public can provide written public comments for this meeting to be read aloud by the Board Clerk by emailing the comments to: Kerry.Watson@k21schools.org by 3 p.m. on the meeting day. Telephonic testimony may be arranged by emailing the same address or by calling 247-2142, by the same deadline.