REGULAR MEETING of February 24, 2021 (NOW being held February 25, 2021)
2/24/2021 6:00:00 PM
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
FEBRUARY 24, 2021 Continued on FEBRUARY 25, 2021
* Held virtually via WebEx and streamed live at www.kgbak.us/meeting.videos
The Board of Education would like to respectfully acknowledge the traditional first people of this land in Ketchikan, the Tongass Tlingit people.
VISION: Educating and empowering students to be leaders, critical thinkers, and problem solvers.
MISSION: Together we foster an educational culture of academic excellence, meaningful connections, and nurturing environments to maximize every student's unique potential.
- CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA
- PUBLIC RECOGNITION - Elizabeth Petratrovich;
Henry Clark, Alaska DDF student of the year
- CITIZEN REMARKS
- INFORMATION AND REPORTS FROM BOARD MEMBERS - including any Committee Reports
- CLAIMS FOR INFORMATION – Claims of February 19, 2021
- SUPERINTENDENT’S REPORT including:
- COVID Community and School Risk Update
- Student Board Member's Report
- Fawn Mountain Elementary School Report
- Graduation Rate Improvement Committee Report
- CONSENT CALENDAR - Matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If a Board member requests discussion, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered under Unfinished Business.
- Motion to approve the regular meeting minutes of February 10, 2021.
- Motion to approve the special meeting minutes of February 11, 2021.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS (or transferred consent calendar items)
- NEW BUSINESS
a. Motion to approve a contract for auditing services with Altman, Rogers & Co.
a. Government to Government invitation from KIC
b. Smart Start Health Screening Protocols
c. School Closures
d. Governor's lifting of travel-related mandates
- BOARD COMMENTS
- ADVANCE PLANNING
- Board Member Volunteer for Media Contact
- Next Regular School Board Meeting - Wed., March 10, 2021, 6 p.m.
- Ketchikan Charter School Work session - March 2, 2021
Public Access options: 1) Install WebEx on your iPad, smart phone or computer. The WebEx Event # is 187 603 6873;* password-#SocialDistance6 2) Livestream at www.kgbak.us/meeting.videos; or 3) view on local KPU television.
*Please note the WebEx event # is a new log in for the February 25th continued meeting.
Regular Meeting of the Board of Education