REGULAR Meeting of April 8, 2020
4/8/2020 6:00:00 PM
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
April 8, 2020
**6:00 P.M. **
* *A Work Session from 4:30 to 5:45 p.m. for discussion on the Draft FY '21 Budget precedes the regular meeting.
Board Members and staff will attend via a videoconference platform.
The meeting will be streamed live at: www.kgbsd.org/live and on KPU Channel 685.
- CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA
- PUBLIC RECOGNITION
- CITIZEN REMARKS (see below*)
- CLAIMS FOR INFORMATION – April 3, 2020
- SUPERINTENDENT REPORT including: Directors' Reports; Student Member's Report
- PUBLIC HEARING – BUDGET: Procedure (1) Citizens may give public comment regarding the subject of the hearing; (2) the public hearing is closed; (3) opportunity for Board discussion and decision.
- Motion to approve the FY ’21 Draft Operating Budget in first reading.
- CONSENT CALENDAR - Matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If a Board member requests discussion, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered under Unfinished Business.
a. Motion to approve the regular meeting minutes of March 25, 2020.
b. Motion to approve a teaching contract with Robin Hartman for the 2020-2021 school year.
c. Motion to approve an administrative contract with Marian Gonzales for the 2020-2021 school year.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS (or transferred consent calendar items)
- NEW BUSINESS
- Motion to approve a K-12 science curriculum.
- Motion to approve adoption of a K-6 ELA curriculum, Collaborative Classrooms, in the amount of $108,211.
- Motion(s) in regards to Board committees.
- 2020-2021 School Year Calendar
- CITIZEN REMARKS
- BOARD COMMENTS
- ADVANCE PLANNING
- Board Member Volunteer for Media Contact
- Next Regular School Board Meeting - Wednesday, April 22, 2020 (with agenda setting at 10 a.m. April 13)
- AASB training – Date yet to be determined
- School Climate and Connectedness Survey presentations: May 12, 2020 Community meeting; May 13, 2020 School Board work session, 4:30-5:30 p.m.
The Board reserves the right to enter into executive session at any time as and to the extent provided for by AS 44.62.310 (the Public Meetings Act) and Board Bylaw 9321 (Executive Sessions).
* Citizen Remarks: The public may provide public comment for this meeting by emailing Kerry.Watson@k21schools.org by 3 p.m. Wednesday, April 8, 2020. The comments will be read at the appropriate time during this meeting. Telephonic testimony may be arranged by emailing the same address above by the same deadline.